picnic salami sandwiches
Happy October, y'all! I wait for the arrival of this month longingly each year and I can absolutely assure you that it has nothing to do with the fact that I was born this month. One of the best things to do in October is to have a picnic, enjoying the outdoors and soaking up each and every moment of the crisp air that we are granted. No picnic is complete without a nice bottle of Prosecco, some fruit, and a good sandwich. I am still waiting to find the perfect picnic basket. You know, one of those authentic wicker ones. If you know of where I can find a good one, please let me know!
Picnic Salami Sandwiches
yields: 4 sandwiches
- 1 french baguette, cut into 4 pieces and halved
- 1 lb hard salami
- 1 8oz container cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups baby arugula
1. Mix cream cheese and sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl. Spread the cream cheese evenly on half of each sandwich.
2. Evenly distribute the salami on each sandwich.
3. Put about 1/2 cup baby arugula on each sandwich and then place the top on.
Wah-lah! Outrageously easy picnic sandwiches. If you would like to dress them up as I did, just add a little parchment paper and twine! It actually makes them travel even better. Hope these end up in your next fall picnic basket, they're full of flavor, perfect for carrying and your taste buds will not be disappointed.
Until next time, happy picnicking!