cobb salad dip
Well I hope everyone had as relaxing of a holiday weekend as I did! While the weather wasn't on its A-Game, there was still enough sunshine each day to get the boat out for a ride or two. When the weather isn't the best though, that just means more eating and drinking and picnochle playing for my family. Yes I said pinochle, it's an Italian thing, at least my Italian family members have been playing for God only knows how long. Teaching Rustin how to play was a rite of initiation into our clan.
Anyways...I decided to mix things up a bit and make the fam a new appetizer. We tend to get stuck in our favorite ones so it was nice to have something different for a change. One of the things I loved about this dip was that the only thing you had to cook was the bacon! For a hot, HOT July day on the lake in Alabama, not having a hot appetizer only makes things all the better, including the Michalob Ultras.
Cobb Salad Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing (I like to get mine in the cold section in the produce, something about blue cheese dressing not refrigerated weirds me out)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced, greens and whites
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved depending on their size
- 3/4 cup grilled corn
- 1 cup finely chopped romaine lettuce
- Tortilla chips for serving, I love scoops
1. Combine cream cheese, blue cheese dressing, sour cream and green onion in a small mixing bowl. Spread the mixture into the bottom of a pie dish.
2. Add on top of the cream cheese mixture in this order: grilled corn, cheddar, gorgonzola, lettuce, tomatoes and finish with bacon.
THAT IS IT.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips and a cold beverage.
Until next time,