pumpkin donuts with caramel cream cheese filling
I know I have said it before, but I am not a baker by nature. I totally want to be, but then again there is so much science behind baking that I seem to fail...just like that Geology class at Auburn. Any help I can get from a baking situation, the better for me. Aside from the science within it, baking is not a "add a little here...try a little there", as I tend to course my way through cooking.
Addtionally, who doesn't love anything mini size?
So here they are pre-filling. With your mini donut pan you definitely want to fill them to the top, so that allows them to not have a hole that goes all the way through.
Pumpkin Donuts with Cream Cheese Caramel Filling
- 1 box Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread Mix, or your favorite premix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup caramels
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Black decorative sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, mix together the package of baking mix, eggs, water and oil until smooth.
2. Grease the donut pan. In a piping bag, or ziploc bag pour the mix. If using a ziploc, snip the corner slightly. Pipe the batter into the donut pan, filling the donut mold to the top.
3. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick pulls clear.
4. In a small sauce pan melt butter. Add cream cheese and caramels. Melt and mix until smooth.
5. With another ziploc or piping bag, add the caramel mixture. Fill the little holes of the donuts to the top. Sprinkle with a little black sugar, if you wish!
Until next time, get yo pumpkin on!