to my husband on his birthday
I still pinch myself that you're mine. I mean...total dreamboat. I don't think either of us will ever get over how BA those suits looked on our wedding day. RT, you NAILED it.
I thought, with it being the week of Valentine's Day, which also happens to be my honey's birthday week, I would jot down some of my favorite things I love about him. Now when he realizes I did this...he will probably be mortified and flattered all at the same time, but what's a girl to do? Embarrass their husband whenever possible.
- Your infectious optimism. I don't think I could survive without it. In the absolute darkest moments, you find a silver lining. A pessimist (me) should always, always marry an optimist.
- Your love of movies. This somewhat ties to #1, but I have never in my life seen someone give the world's shittiest movies a chance to the bitter end like you do. It's hilarious and fascinating all at the same time. Thank God for social media and Pinterest for giving me something to do in these times. On the flip-side, you've introduced me to some of the best and I thank you for that.
- Your wild spirit. It brings out my fun side, but sometimes... I feel like I should be rewarded for taming a wild animal.
- Your sense of adventure, which ties to #3. You've allowed me to live in two states I never thought I would. You are the best travel partner I could ever ask for. You are up for whatever, wherever, whenever. Can't wait for Asheville this weekend and the next living location life takes us!
- Your ever evolving singing talent...while an inside joke between the two of us, I promise you'll get there one day. And I promise that wherever we are, wherever we live..our neighbors will always think we are freaks for how much singing we do...
I hope year 27 brings us as much joy, laughter and adventure as the last 4 years together have. I love you with all of my heart.
I'll leave you with one of our songs, until next time...
Photo featured in this post by Arden Photography