watermelon vodka cooler
The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. It is all about eating, drinking and AMERICA. I have been dying to figure out a watermelon drink to be my drink of the summer and I finally nailed it with this one.
Watermelon + basil + lime + salt + vodka = summer in a glass
Happy 4th of July weekend everyone, stay safe!
Watermelon Vodka Cooler
- 1/2 large watermelon, puréed
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 basil leaves, torn
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
1. Bring sugar and water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has thickened.
2. Purée watermelon in blender. Strain the purée and discard the pulp and seeds.
3. In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients.
4. Chill and serve over ice with a lime garnish.
Until next time, GOD BLESS AMERICA!