strawberry basil lemonade
There are few things more refreshing on a hot summer day than a tall glass of lemonade. Maybe sweet tea, but that's about the only thing I will put ahead of lemonade. The more I make lemonade, the quicker it flies out of my fridge (RT I am looking at you!). If I am so completely honest, as much as I would love to go fresh squeezed all the time, there isn't the need for that everyday. ENTER...Crystal Light. I don't buy the individual packets because we don't keep bottled water at home. You know, just trying to decrease my footprint on the earth. Thank goodness they make them in pitcher version though! So simple, but why not jazz it up a little?
I call this Strawberry Basil Lemonade medium effort. The strawberries and basil add a touch of freshness that you obviously don't have with your normal Crystal Light. Because they're in season, strawberries are ridiculously cheap at the store right now and because my garden is literally overflowing with basil, I am trying it in about any recipe I can these days.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade
- 5 strawberries, sliced
- 1 pitcher size package, Crystal Light Pink Lemonade
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 large basil leaves, julienned
1. Muddle 3 of the strawberries in the bottom of the pitcher. You want them to be extremely mushy.
2. Add lemon juice on top of the muddled strawberries, followed by water and the Crystal Light pack.
3. Stir until combined. Top with basil and remaining sliced strawberries. Chill and serve over ice.
Until next time,